CHINA ONSITE OPTIMIZATION: GOOGLE & BAIDU
Baidu’s criteria are very similar to Google’s. The particularities of Baidu are:
- Hosting in China: This is only possible if you have an ICP license.
- Having the ICP license: This is only possible if you have a Chinese business license.
- Use unblocked APIs: If you use blocked APIs such as Google maps or Facebook, your website or E-commerce website’s rank will be negatively affected and sometimes blocked.
- Chinese content: If you want to be well-ranked on Baidu, you will need to have Chinese content.
- Internal links: This can be a signal for Baidu to show how important the page is.
- Mobile friendliness: The mobile phone is more important in China than anywhere else. If your website or E-commerce website is not mobile friendly, it will negatively impact your ranking on Baidu.