TYPES OF WEB MAINTENANCE:
QPSoftware offers 2 unique approaches to website maintenance:
- The corrective maintenance: The corrective maintenance is related to all the issues that a platform or application has, and this means that our experts will correct all the existing bugs.
- The evolving maintenance: The evolving maintenance is a wide maintenance approach. It means that it will combine the existing bugs and any other tasks to create an evolution of the platform or application (e.g.: a new functionality, a new page, a new design, etc).
QPSoftware usually does an audit of your platform to understand what technology your platform has been built on. Once this audit is finished and we have all the needed information (e.g.: database access, back office access, FTP files and access, SSH credentials if required, etc.) we will be able to work on your platform and perform the needed changes.
QPSoftware works as follows:
- The first option would be that we receive the list of bugs or requirements. Or we create our own list of bugs, if you have not already done so. The second option is that we perform all the tests ourselves, to detect bugs in the platform or application.
- We estimate how much time we need to solve or implement changes.
- We propose a maintenance contract of a certain number of hours (this can match or not match our estimation).
- Once it is accepted, we start to work on the tasks.
- We track the real time spent on each task.
- With the real time spent on each task, we deduct these hours from the number of hours in the contract.
- We create a report to show all the tasks (including the time spent on them) that have been successfully accomplished.
- Once the hours of the maintenance contract reach their end, or if we don’t have enough time to finish the remaining tasks, we will suggest creating a new maintenance contract which will allow us to finish the remaining tasks.