Reconnect with Nature
Huttopia approached QPS to help extend and localize their brand for the Chinese Market by creating a mobile-friendly and easily-accessible experience on the go, but also by designing and developing a stunning WeChat mini-program serving as a digital destination guide to connect people to unique travel experiences in several natural sites throughout the world.
- More than hundred of nights sold with the Huttopia mini-program.
- Visibility on Chinese social media platforms (WeChat, Little Red Book)
- Improve brand awareness and boost sales in the Chinese market.
The Huttopia World
In the hustle and bustle of today’s society, with the constant buzzing of notifications and to-do lists, we find ourselves daydreaming of another world… A world apart, far from the screaming chaos of the concrete jungle yet close to home. A simpler and more authentic world, where you can find yourself again and appreciate nature in its truest form. A world made of exceptional destinations and magnificent regions to discover. A world where accommodations allow you to live comfortably, all while being completely surrounded by nature. A world where you can slow down and enjoy the simple moment with your loved ones. A world where the only stirs are caused by a gentle breeze blowing tree leaves, or by an excited child laughing. This world exists... Welcome to Huttopia.
- 90 glamping sites
- 7 countries and a first flagship glamping in China (Deqing Zhejiang)
- 92 M€ turnover hospitality
- 1600 employees in summer
- 3 million overnight stays
- 95% direct booking in Europe
The Challenge & Solution
The main challenge for the QPS team was to interact seamlessly with Huttopia’s ongoing local software engineering process to fit all aspects of the solution into their existing architecture.
From the get-go, it was crucial for our teams in Shanghai to work closely with both their business and engineering teams in France in a format that they were comfortable with, but which also took into account the technical constraints of a closed ecosystem such as Tencent’s WeChat.
Therefore both technical specialists from QPS and Huttopia made sure to share the same engineering culture by facilitating knowledge transfer on APIs, and helping establish an effective work process.
Over the span of 1 year, multiple and different functional areas were completed, including the:
- Evaluate, analyze and plan for communication between frontend, backend, and middleware.
- Implementation and use of WeChat Pay (WeChat’s own payment gateway).
- Implementation and use of WeChat Login to facilitate access from WeChat user accounts to the Huttopia mini-program with a simple click.
- Development of a middleware that serves as a bridge between their WeChat mini-program in China and their already existing in-house solution in France. Our middleware helped in providing unified services to users by creating and updating orders to Huttopia’s APIs. It also helped with the addition of missing data. The middleware also helped with payment flows to get users’ open ID in order to generate signatures that are essential to function with WeChat Pay.
- Design of a localized UI/UX that would function well within WeChat’s ecosystem and design guidelines.
- Development of a booking interface that allows user to pick the arrival / departure dates, and the number of guests to feed the data to the Huttosoft API and get the relevant room data as a response to display on the mini-program.
- Implementation of a multilingual platform as part of the localization scope.
- Implementation and use of the 3rd party mobile UI component for booking calendar's date selector.
QPS is a results-driven, full-service digital agency. With our expertise in WeChat solutions for both Chinese and International clients, QPS is the top WeChat agency located in Shanghai, offering design and development solutions for WeChat mini-programs, WeChat stores and WeChat web apps(H5).
More information about our WeChat solutions.