As it has already been said in previous articles, there is no need to re-explain what WeChat is. Indeed, according to the latest news, WeChat will soon reach 900 million users.
In this week’s article, you will find some interesting key points about WeChat and more precisely some suggestions that will help you to create and develop a viral post.
What does it Mean to Become Viral?
To become viral means that you are using some viral marketing which is a marketing technique that uses a social network and other technologies to increase brand awareness or to achieve some other marketing objectives (either a long-term objective such as the brand awareness or a short-term objective such as the promotion of a specific product). The idea here is to spread news or messages as fast as possible and it is often done by word of mouth.
As for WeChat, it can be a great place and tool to be able to do some viral marketing. Indeed, WeChat has a huge potential thanks to its number of daily users. Moreover, if you refer to one of the previous articles, you will see that WeChat has a great user retention rate. They use it frequently throughout the day and mainly for personal use.
How Can You Create a Successful Viral Post?
First of all, there are different ways to create a successful viral post. We could categorize them in two categories: the creation of viral posts through the use of different tools such as emails, social networks, etc; and the other one would be to create exceptional content that will stimulate a great interest to your audience.
There are different ways to raise your users' interest:
- Make it visual: it sounds obvious but if you post a video on WeChat for instance, it would be a great way to make your message visual.
- Stimulate emotions: posts can resonate with the feelings of your users. If they feel moved by the content then the message will be forwarded/shared to generate more views.
- Keep the campaign simple: “A picture is worth a thousand words” this idiom is the best explanation possible. Keep it simple and easy to understand otherwise you will lose the interest of your users.
- Be controversial: this is a bit tricky in China, you need to respect the rules of the country but if you start being controversial you will gather the attention of people and will create a wide-range discussion with people that have different opinions.
- Generate curiosity: curiosity is the core of all innovation. If you can start playing with that you will catch your users' interest since they will want to know the crux of the matter.
- Be interactive: the more creative you are, the more the people will have interest in your post. Also if you combine your creativity with the possibility to create something that allows people to have an interaction either through a game or something else, the interest will be much higher and you will be able to engage with more people.
What to do Before Launching a Viral Campaign?
If you want to have a successful viral post/campaign you should be aware of some points. You cannot launch something like this without any precaution. You should keep these few points in mind:
- Define your objectives: it is really important to know what you want to achieve before launching your campaign. If you do not clearly know your objective you will not be able to establish KPIs and see if your work was successful.
- Know your audience: if you want to launch a campaign and target everyone, your chance of success will not be very favorable. That is why you should know whom you want to target and know what is the best way to reach to them.
- Plan your message: this point is related to the previous part of the article. You have to plan and prepare what you will say to your audience. It is best to prepare yourself and understand what will work with your target.
What is Your Next Step?
This article is here to help give you some ideas. Of course, every concept and every project is different that is why you should adapt it to your own needs and objectives but reading this article will point you in the right direction. If you are interested in knowing more about this topic, do not hesitate to contact us. The same applies if you have some needs or projects that require our expertise in social marketing campaigns, we will be glad to help you. Don't hesitate to contact us.