9 Ways to gain followers on your WeChat Official Account
Your online presence in China will never be fully effective unless you have a WeChat Official Account. WeChat is dominating social media in China; therefore, your brand can use this social media platform to reach millions of people throughout the country using well-crafted marketing campaigns.
What is a WeChat OA?
A WeChat Official Account can be compared to a Facebook page. However, opening and managing it is completely different and may present challenges to foreign companies.
Primarily, opening a WeChat Official Account is not as easy as opening a Facebook Page. If you are in the process of applying for a WeChat Official Account, you may want to refer to our comprehensive guide on the different types of WeChat Official Accounts and how to open a WeChat Official Account.
Once your WeChat Official Account is up and running, learning how to use it to reach as many users as possible may require a lot of time and effort. However, considering how large the audience is that you have the potential to reach and the probable impact of your marketing campaigns, it is well worth the effort.
Gain Visibility on WeChat and reach your targeted audience
Your main goal is to make sure your users can find your WeChat Official Account, otherwise, your message will not reach your target audience. Since the functionalities are somewhat different than other popular social media platforms, it is important for you to understand how to use your WeChat account to its full capability.
The following guide will introduce you to the most effective way to reach your audience so that users will be able to find your Official WeChat Account.
9 Ways for Users to Find Your WeChat Official Account
Here are the most effective ways for WeChat users to find and follow WeChat Official Accounts. You may use several, or all of them, depending on your
- Posting. This first point may sound like a no-brainer, but even simple steps cannot be taken for granted on WeChat. For instance, on WeChat you can create a post or publish text, images, videos, and voice messages.Even though these are all important ways to engage your audience and convey your message, it is important to know that among these formats only the posts can be shared by your users. When your post is shared it means that it will appear on the user’s Moment Wall and, therefore, be visible to their contacts, enhancing the opportunities to reach more users.However, text, voice messages, images and videos can be powerful as well to interact with your audience and you must use each of these formats according to your specific marketing goals.
- Good Timing. If the quality of a post is important, choosing the right time to publish new content is critical as well. When you look at your WeChat admin dashboard, you will find statistics about your posts, including information about how they perform throughout the day. Determine the time that you get the most visitors and then you will know when the best time to publish your content is.
- WeChat Social Moments. If you are familiar with Facebook Timeline, WeChat Moments is the equivalent on Chinese social media. If the user clicks on your article that appears on WeChat Moments, they will reach your WeChat Official Account.
- Optimize your headlines and summaries. This rule applies to WeChat exactly as it applies to any other social media platform. Your headline and summary are all that users care about. If these elements are interesting, intriguing and compelling, users will click on them and read your content. Otherwise, they will move on and you will lose your window of opportunity to have them visit your WeChat Official Account.
- QR Codes. Scanning a QR Code is a big deal for WeChat users and you should use that to your advantage. You can add a QR Code to your web pages, or within your WeChat articles and have the QR Code redirect to your WeChat Official Account. However, QR Codes are also perfect for offline use. You can add them to your products, packaging, marketing materials and wherever possible. Use them as an alternative way to engage your audience.
- Name Cards. You can share the name card of your WeChat Official Account to encourage a friend to follow it. Besides friends, name cards can be shared with groups, but cannot be shared on your timeline.
- Advertising. WeChat runs a program that allows you to display your advertisement on another user’s timeline, or at the bottom of your articles. You can use this feature to acquire more followers to your WeChat Official Account and drive traffic to your website as well. An interesting feature of WeChat advertising is the possibility to add a “One Click Follow” button to your messages. The user simply clicks on the button, and they will start to follow your WeChat Official Account.
- Offline Payments. When a user finalizes a purchase, this is a great opportunity to invite them to follow your WeChat Official Account. Their interest in your products or services is evident by the fact that they were ready to pay for it. Therefore, there is a greater likelihood that they will be interested in following your official account also. After the user has completed the payment, you may implement a field in the notification form where you ask them to follow your WeChat account.
- Search. WeChat includes a search tool that has been designed for Official Accounts. The idea may sound great, but the tool still doesn’t work well. Searches are not accurate, and a user will only find your account if they are precise in typing the correct account name. Even though the search tool is limited in its ability to allow the user to discover your WeChat account, it may be useful if the user is already familiar with your brand and may use it to connect to your account.
More Ways to Engage Users on WeChat
Even though a WeChat Official Account is very important for your business, currently, WeChat offers other opportunities to reach your audience.
For instance, WeChat Mini Programs are proving very effective for both marketing purposes and to close sales. The advantage of the WeChat Mini Program is that it works like an app, but the user can access it directly on WeChat without downloading it on his device. This makes it very easy for users, giving you more opportunities to connect with your audience, promote your products and close sales.
WeChat is a necessary tool to access and break into the Chinese market
QPSoftware is a web agency in Shanghai, China specializing in the Chinese market. We can assist you in creating and managing your WeChat Official Account to drive the best results. We are a professional WeChat Mini Program developer and we can design the best WeChat web application for your specific business.
Our expertise in the Chinese field will be advantageous for you to succeed in the local market. Contact us today and we will explain how we can help your business grow in China.